Kelly maintains a diverse practice, handling civil and insurance coverage pre-suit and litigation matters. In addition to litigation arising from construction losses, premises liability, contract disputes and cybersecurity and data breaches, Kelly also handles liquor liability, product liability and toxic tort matters in state and federal courts across Connecticut and New York, and serves as pro hac vice counsel across the country in such matters. She also has experience litigating before the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO).
Kelly is often selected to represent some of our largest institutional clients in high-stakes litigation involving declaratory judgment, breach of contract, bad faith and class action matters. She recently advised a national carrier regarding its nationwide response to a high volume of claims involving emerging medical and scientific data, and the relevant legal standards associated therewith.
She has accrued an impressive record of dispositive motion wins and favorable verdicts throughout Connecticut and New York.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, B.A., cum laude
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- USDC-Rhode Island Judgment for Insurer / No Duty to Defend Demolition Subcontractor
- Favorable Verdict / Dog Bite Action
- Summary Judgment Granted / Fall Outside Restaurant
- Kelly Petter Authors Business Interruption Article in CDLA’s The Defense
- SDNY, EDNY and D. Mass Dismiss Suits Seeking Business Interruption Coverage
- CT Judiciary Committee Considering Amendment to Collateral Source Statute
- MA Federal Court Favors Carrier in Business Interruption Coverage Suit
- NY State Courts Join SDNY Dismissing Covid-19 Coverage Claims
- Southern District of NY Issues Fourth Decision Dismissing Insured’s Claim for BI Coverage
- New York Courts Consistently Find No Business Interruption Coverage Relative to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- MA Court Weighs in on the Question of Business Interruption Coverage
- CT Courts Weigh in on the Question of Business Interruption Coverage
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Insider Vol. 4: The Second Circuit Addresses Coverage Afforded by the Computer Fraud Provision in a Crime Policy
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Insider Vol. 3: The Continuing Evolution of Crime Policies and Backpedaling of Circuit Courts in 2018
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Insider Vol. 2: Recent Federal Decisions Shaping Coverage and Exclusions in Crime Policies
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Insider Vol. 1: Recent CT Decisions Shaping Coverage and Exclusions in Crime Policies
- Recent Developments in Design Defect Liability Cases under Connecticut Products Liability Act (2017)
- Kelly was recognized as a “Rising Star” – a top up-and-coming attorney in the state of Connecticut under the age of 40 – by Super Lawyers magazine in 2018-2021.