Matt represents businesses, insurers and individuals in a variety of civil litigation throughout the region. He handles complex litigation including actions arising from construction defects, catastrophic injury and death, carbon monoxide exposure, toxic torts and environmental losses. He is experienced handling product liability matters in the manufacturing, automotive and construction industries and has handled multi-district litigation including asbestos exposure claims.
Matt’s experience also includes representing public employers and municipal entities in litigation arising from premises liability, contract disputes, property disputes and subrogation. In addition to trial wins, Matt’s exceptional legal writing skills have yielded a strong record of dismissals, summary judgment wins and appellate successes.
Currently, Matt is chair of the Princeton Historical Commission and Vice President of the Friends of Mechanics Hall in Princeton. Matt has served as a member of the Worcester Conservation Commission, the Thomas Prince Middle School Enrollment Study Committee, the Wachusett Regional School District Committee and as a coach of the Wachusett Regional High School mock trial team. He was the Advancement Leader of the Princeton Boy Scouts Troop. He has previously taught criminal law as a visiting lecturer at Tufts University.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Boston University Graduate School of Arts and Science, M.A. in International Relations
- Boston University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Judgment for Insurer in Chapter 93A Bad Faith Trial
- Summary Judgment Granted for Insurer in Dispute over Appraisal Clause in NH Property Claim
- Summary Judgment Granted / Water Damage at Retail Store
- Appeals Court Affirms Summary Judgment / Insured’s Adult Son Not a Household Member
- Judgment in Favor of Municipality in Land Dispute
- Summary Judgment Affirmed by Appeals Court in Oil Spill Case
- Dismissal of Civil Rights Action Filed by Tenant
- Summary Judgment / Insurance Coverage Dispute Involving Initial Premium Payment
- MCAD – No Probable Cause Found in Age Discrimination Action
- Summary Judgment Secured in Coverage-Related Matter / No Duty to Defend Insured Builder in Construction Defect Claim
- Defense Verdict in Fall from Scaffolding – Witness Testifies the Plaintiff’s Claim Was Fabricated
- Summary Judgment in Asbestos Case Requiring Multi-District Litigation
- Summary Judgment for Municipality in “Novel” Laundromat Case
- Matt was selected for inclusion in the Massachusetts Super Lawyers list in 2020.