Melina’s practice focuses on employment litigation, professional liability, construction defects, complex insurance coverage analysis and appellate litigation. In addition, she has substantial experience handling matters involving labor relations, civil rights and municipal liability. Melina also handles c. 93A, consumer protection violation and breach of contract matters brought against businesses and insurance carriers.
Prior to joining Hassett | Donnelly, Melina worked for Boston Housing Authority as a policy administrator and civil rights specialist. She also worked at an established commercial litigation firm in Boston. She applies her experience to defending public employers, schools, towns and other municipal entities. She has a history of success arguing unique c. 258 presentment issues before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and the Massachusetts Court of Appeals.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Harvard College, A.B. cum laude
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- MA Appeals Court Affirms Dismissal for Improper Presentment
- MA SJC Upholds Strict Timeliness Requirement for Presentment
- Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities finds No Reasonable Cause