John focuses his practice on litigation arising from construction losses, catastrophic injury and wrongful death, trucking and transportation, agricultural liability and premises liability. He has defended a variety of clients in the retail industry as well as handling tort and liquor liability matters for hospitality industry clients. With deep knowledge of construction, safety and business practices and expertise in policy and contract analysis, John is able to provide clients with critical insight into potential exposure and damages to facilitate successful resolution of complex matters.
Handling many high-profile matters including those involving claims of negligent security, emotional distress and assault, John understands the preparation and diplomacy needed to bring such matters before a jury. His thoughtful and strategic approach has directly resulted in a strong record of defense verdicts, dismissals and summary judgment wins throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York.
John is active in the legal community and is presently Co-Chair of the Litigation Section of the Hartford County Bar Association, the oldest bar association in the United States.
- New York Law School, J.D.
- Skidmore College, B.A.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association (Co-Chair of Litigation Section, 2021-2022)
- Worcester County Bar Association (Superior Court, Trial Practice, and Young Lawyers Committees)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)