Mike’s practice centers on complex insurance coverage matters, complex commercial disputes, defense of consumer protection matters, and high stakes litigation. Mike handles sensitive and high exposure breach of contract, premises liability, and intellectual property matters. Mike also handles toxic tort matters arising from alleged exposure to chemicals. Further, he has defended large national carriers and their insureds in large property losses, fire losses, mold, and water damage. He works with a variety of expert witnesses to inspect and investigate large losses both pre-suit and during litigation. He is passionate about ensuring client receive the highest quality representation possible. His understanding of the law has resulted in a solid record of success with trials and dispositive motion practice in state and federal courts across the Commonwealth.
Mike is adept at navigating complicated insurance-related issues. He regularly provides our clients with analysis of coverage on a variety of issues and types of insurance policies He is dedicated to ensuring client receive advice about this complex, highly regulated, and constantly evolving area of law.
Mike’s experience extends to representing clients before appellate courts, including the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
Prior to joining the firm, Mike served as the Senior Law Clerk to the Honorable Denis P. Cohen of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, 1st Judicial District.
- Boston College Law School, J.D. magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Boston College Law Review, Note Editor
- Clark University, B.A., Economics, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- SJC Finds No Bad Faith By Insurer In Fatal Arson Claim / Insured Receives 50% Proceeds
- Summary Judgment Granted / Arson at Vacant Property
- Summary Judgment in Bad Faith Case / Atty’s Fees and Costs Not To Be Considered in Offer