Jim brings substantial litigation experience to the firm and focuses his practice on premises liability, product liability, construction litigation, municipal defense and large property losses. He often handles matters on a pre-suit basis, coordinating investigations, inspections and expert witness examinations and, when appropriate, steers matters toward successful resolution through alternative dispute resolution before an action is filed.
Jim has a strong reputation as a skilled litigator in the courtroom, handling many civil jury and bench trials as well as successfully obtaining dismissals and summary judgment wins. He has notable experience defending municipal entities, public and private employers, property owners and individuals throughout Massachusetts state and federal courts and has frequently secured findings of “no probable cause” in actions brought before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Summary Judgment Granted / Trip and Fall at Car Dealership
- Summary Judgment Granted for Snow Plow Contractor in Slip and Fall
- Motion to Disclose and Preserve Personal Assets Denied in Wrongful Death Action
- Defense Verdict / Slip & Fall with Wrist Fracture
- Defense Verdict | Plaintiff Fall 80 Feet from Crane