John’s practice focuses on high-stakes matters including Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death, Product Liability, Class Actions and Construction Litigation. John has defended manufacturers in large product liability actions and has expertise handling massive construction defect actions involving multi-million dollar developments and construction projects. John also brings significant experience defending employers, businesses, contractors and subcontractors in employment and worker’s compensation matters..
John often handles serious injury cases on a pre-suit basis, coordinating any needed investigation and vetting and retaining expert witness to help our clients get an early handle on large losses and provide a strategy for handling. He has a record of success achieving early resolution of high-exposure claims whether through alternative dispute resolution or dispositive motion practice. Further, he has served as lead counsel in numerous bench and jury trials and regularly appears in state and federal courts across New England.
John is a member of the Worcester County Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the New Hampshire Bar Association, the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA) and the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM). John was selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers in 2014-2020.
- Boston College Law School, J.D.,
- Boston College, B.S. in Finance and Economics, magna cum laude
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Summary Judgment Granted in USDC-NH / Flood Damage Subrogation Action
- Employer Not Vicariously Liable for Intoxicated Driver / Appeals Court Affirms Summary Judgment
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits Denied in MVA with Depression, Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mind the Gap
- John was named to Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star list in 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, and included in the Massachusetts Super Lawyers list in 2017, 2018 and 2020.