Sarah is an accomplished litigator with a strong record of jury trial wins in courts throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of Connecticut.
Sarah regularly handles complex construction defect litigation and cases involving catastrophic injury or wrongful death. She has defended a number of high-profile environmental litigation matters arising from oil spills, as well as matters arising from exposure to mold, asbestos, and volatile organic compounds.
Her expertise in business law complements our Intellectual Property, Trademark and Copyright Litigation practice area and she has handled a number of unusual trademark violation and intellectual property disputes. Further, she has successfully defended a variety of complex product liability matters.
Sarah represents many of our clients in the hospitality sector and has considerable experience defending dram shop, negligent security and premises liability matters.
In 2009, Sarah served on the late U.S. Senator Edward M. Kennedy’s Advisory Committee to recommend candidates for U.S. Attorney, U.S. Marshal and U.S. District Court Judge for the District of Massachusetts.
In addition, in 2011, Sarah served on U.S. Senator John Kerry’s Advisory Committee to recommend candidates for U.S. District Court Judges for the District of Massachusetts. By order of the court, Sarah previously served on the Merit Selection Panel considering the applications for U.S. Magistrate Judge in Worcester, Massachusetts as well as the re-appointment of Chief Magistrate Judge Leo T. Sorokin.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Bachelor of Business Administration, cum laude
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Worcester County Bar Association (Presenter at WCBA’s First Monday Educational Series – Pretrial Motions, 2014)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA) (Presenter at 2015 MassDLA Annual Meeting)
- Defense Verdict / Jury Finds the Plaintiff Intended to Deceive Insurers in Theft Case
- Defense Verdict for Snow Removal Contractor in Slip and Fall Case
- Defense Verdict in Motor Vehicle Case / Plaintiff Claimed Permanent Injuries to Upper Extremity
- Summary Judgment in Case Involving Water Runoff onto Commercial Property
- Homeowners Avoid Liability in $700,000 Trip and Fall Verdict Against Property Developer and Contractor
- Defendant Insurance Company Dismissed from Multi-District Litigation Involving Chinese Drywall Cases
- Defense Verdict in Contract Case Involving Contested “Cut and Paste” Signature
- Defense Verdict in Backyard Trampoline Case
- Breaking a Mold Suit
- Sarah was named to the Top 50 Women Super Lawyers list for 2016 and has been selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers in 2014-2022.
- Sarah is honored to have earned a fellowship in the Litigation Counsel of America. The LCA is a highly selective, invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one half of one percent of all American lawyers.
- Sarah has been named to The Best Lawyers in America list for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (2023).